If A Blog Falls

3.20.2013

If a blog falls... does anybody hear it?

This is the temporary end, for now at least, of Big City Blog. It's actually quite sad to  type this, as strange as it sounds.

First off, my apologies for not posting for several months now. A perfect storm of work, holidays, a very rough and sad time with a sick dog, and the end of the Lonely Planet blogging program all added up to zero bloggage from me.

Lonely Planet decided to stop its program on Dec. 31, 2012, so there are a few dozen untethered travel bloggers out there now, along with myself. But LP were great supporters and provided an excellent platform to allow me to get some exposure globally, so no regrets there at all.

I don't know how many people have visited here over the years, or are even continuing to; Big City Blog has reached over 76,000 pageviews since 2009. And it's been quite cool to see the traffic feed over the years, with people checking in from Jakarta to Calgary to France to Australia to New York... (Must stop typing in destinations now. Travel bug activated...).

A very big and heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who followed this blog and helped keep me going. If you follow it on Facebook, you will still see updates to it periodically when I can travel more again, or when something really grabs me here in Amsterdam.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Nikola said...

Hello. I'm Nikolai.

I would like to publish a guest post (with one link) on your great blog - funnekotter.blogspot.com. Could you please give me the price for the placement of it?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Travel News zone said...

Nice info, Your site offering niche travel info...keep up the good work.

Yasmeen Elsayed said...

thanks ,,