- That Dutch people love Michael Buble?
- That there are in fact three red light districts? There's the main one which everyone knows about, and two others in predominantly residential areas. You're walking along a quiet canal-side street, looking casually at the classic walk-up apartments lit up warmly with candles in the window and maybe a cat sleeping on the windowsill...then BAM! Almost-naked woman in a window, framed by neon red lights. Oddly, a nice mix... To my urban planning geeks back in Calgary - take note.
- That the majority of taxis in Amsterdam are late-model Mercedes? Given the rates they charge, the only surprise here is that they're not Ferraris.
- That if you were offering the clerk a million dollars in cash, Michael Buble tickets, and a puppy, you still couldn't get an iPhone through T-Mobile here? It's insane what non-residents need to go through to get one.
- That riding a Dutch bike is highly addictive, and helps clear your head no matter what kind of day or night you've just had?
My ride. 75 Euros - money well spent.
- That those douchey, pouting teens from Twilight are just as ubiquitous here as in North America?
- That "gevulde speculaas" is not an uncomfortable gynecological instrument, but rather an amazing Dutch cookie-like treat with almond filling?
- That clicking on the ads on this page really does work? I made $12.31 (U.S.) in October thanks to you people - that's enough for several pounds of gevulde speculaas. Thank you, and keep clicking every day!